K.P. Reddy is a serial entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in disruptive innovation.
To know K.P. Reddy is to experience boundless enthusiasm for creating new ventures. Reddy’s multidisciplinary career spans the innovation continuum. Over 25+ years, he has been a technologist, subject matter expert, founder, CEO, advisor, investor, professor, author and coach.
Reddy effortlessly combines expertise in advanced technologies with critical, in-the-trenches experience as an entrepreneur. He is a globally recognized authority in AEC environments, artificial intelligence, robotics and automation, collaborative communication, mobile applications and cloud computing. His passion is in launching game-changing startups, raising substantial investments, and leading organizations to meaningful acquisition and IPO exits. His most recent book, “What you know about startups is wrong.” hit the best seller list in its first week of release.
KP is the interim-CEO of portfolio company Konstru and sits on the Board’s of OnScale, WAimat and Hummingbird Kinetics. His experience advising Fortune 500 companies like Coca-Cola, Cox Communications, IBM and UPS informs his ability to accelerate internal know-how to achieve aggressive financial targets.
Career Highlights Include:
- Founder of BuiltTech Labs, is a closed ecosystem of innovators, entrepreneurs, and investors seeking to disrupt the Built Environment through innovation. (Current)
- Founder of Shadow Ventures, Seed Stage Venture Firm focused on disrupting the Built Environment. (Current)
- Co-Founder of The Combine, corporate innovation incubator. (Current)
- CEO of SoftWear Automation, a disruptive robotic sewing automation technology for the apparel/textile manufacturing industry. Within 18 months, he closed $3M Series A funding, launched two product lines, recruited the management team, and built a sales pipeline that considerably increased the company’s valuation;
- General Manager of ATDC, As Interim General Manager for the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC), Reddy led one of the world’s top startup incubators changing the world, as recognized by Forbes . He leads the National Institutes of Health-funded entrepreneurship track of the B.E.S.T. post-doctorate program, which prepares students for biomedical careers beyond academia.
- Founder and Managing Advisor for AMPIRIX, an AEC industry strategy company that launches new companies and products for clients such as Autodesk, Builtspace and Mohawk (acquired);
- Managing Director for Enterprise Transformation for Gehry Technologies, the technology company started by world renowned architect Frank Gehry (sold to Trimble);
- President and CEO for RCMS, a leading BIM technology and services company (exited to NYSE:ARC);
- Founder, CEO, CTO for Cereus Technology Partners, one of the first ASP/cloud building infrastructure/software companies for hosting enterprise applications (NASDAQ:CEUS), market cap:$350m, since sold to NASDAQ:VRSO);
- CIO for Verso, an end-to-end telecommunications product company
A sought-after speaker and thought leader, Reddy authored BIM for Building Owners and Developers in 2012, a book on the adoption of advanced technology in the infrastructure space. He frequently addresses audiences at universities and technology startup conferences like SXSW and TechCrunch. Reddy has been featured on NBC, The Economist, Fox News, Huffington Post, Los Angeles Times, US News & World Report, and The Wall Street Journal.
A proud Yellow Jacket, Reddy earned his bachelor’s degrees in Civil Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he is also an adjunct professor.